UC research on whole orchard recycling (WOR) has generated numerous scientific and industry publications, workshops and grower field days, and other outputs and events to extend new information to growers and other stakeholders. Explore below to see current and past events, publications, and industry magazine articles about WOR.
Webinar: Whole Orchard Recycling in Almonds and Its Effects on Orchard Productivity and Greenhouse Gas Footprints
Have you wondered what to do with all that wood after orchard removal? Have you been curious about chipping and recycling whole trees back into the orchard soil, but weren’t sure what the effects might be on your soil and the next planting?
- Productivity in the next generation of almond trees
- Nutrient management requirements
- Effects on soil health and water holding capacity
- Effects on disease potential
- The potential for reducing the “carbon footprint” of an orchard
- Dr. Amelie Gaudin, UC Davis
- Dr. Emad Jahanzad, UC Davis
- Dr. Brent Holtz, UCCE San Joaquin County
- Dr. Greg Browne, USDA ARS
- Dr. Elias Marvinney, UC Davis